Sep 22, 2010

i heart Helvetica



I'm a huge font nerd and like any other type of nerd - from comics books to rock bands - there's one that made you the nerd you are. And, like many other font lovers, mine is Helvetica. It is my hero, helvetica is my hero... wow. This documentary was the best thing to happen to my defense when asked why helvetica is so great. I especially enjoy the arguments posed by the non-helvetica loving interviewees because it allows you to question if helvetica is so popular because it's, well, popular, or if it changed the way people thought about the visual culture of text around them for the first time. More importantly, it confirmed that my childhood aspiration of becoming a typographer wasn't so strange. Some of the people interviewed in this documentary are my heros and I am not afraid to admit it. Hey, if it wasn't for them, then I probably wouldn't have discovered my love for design.

No comments:

Post a Comment